Here are the five best cash back credit cards as of March 2013:
1. Barclaycard Cashback Card - this card offers a huge 6% for the first 3 months then 2% thereafter. The only downside is that there is an annual fee of £24.
2. American Express Platinum Cashback Credit Card - offers a very nice 5% for the first 3 months and 2.5% thereafter. For this card you need an annual household salary of at least £20,000 and there is a £25 annual fee.
3. Capital One Aspire Elite - this cash back card offers 5% for the first 3 months and 2% thereafter. The big downside with this card is the £120 annual fee and you need an annual income of over £50,000.
4. Sainsbury's Cashback Credit Card - this card simply offers 5% for the first 3 months. You get an additional £5 each month when you spend £500 per month on shopping at Sainsburys and selected other retailers.
5. Santander 123 Credit Card - offers up to 3% cashback on fuel, National Rail and TfL, 2% cashback at department stores and 1% cashback at supermarkets.
Getting the right card is a tricky mix, especially if you are not a heavy spender. As with any credit card If you are in debt it is important to get credit card debt advice