With the hayfever season quickly approaching its that time in the year where my throat won't stop itching, nose won't stop running and eyes won't stop itching. I've tried a lot of things over the years from various antihistamines, sprays and local honey.
What I found worked well last year was a good air purifiers in the house and I'm now looking for one in the office. There are many things to consider when looking for an air purifiers, here are some of the most important:
- HEPA Air Filter - these trap upto 99.97% of polutants and are the most effective types of filter.
- Carbon Air Filter - these are the most absorbant types of air filter and are very effective at removing nasty smells and chemicals from the air.
- Air Ironizer - by releasing negative ions, particles in the air are more likely to clump together be filtered out.
- Lasting Filters - many air purifiers require you to change filters every few months, when buying check how often you need to change filters and the cost involved.
- Noise - many air filters include fans which can cause noise, make sure you check the noise rating when buying.
- Electric Consumption - air purifiers can be expensive to run so check the energy rating when buying.
For a full range of air purifiers please click here.