ok well i have thought about it and discussed it with various people and the sort of outcome was:
1. Because Myspace has many of the facilities for discussion and community management I was concerned that discussed would move away from ImAFish and on to Myspace. We might get a couple of new posters but for the overall effort it wouldn't really be worth it.
2. Myspace is kinda gay. I didn't want to fill ImAFish with 11-14 year olds from Shrewsbury who would 1. be offended by half the talk on here and 2. not really have anything interesting/useful to contribute.
3. Myspace has a pretty bad reputation for spam, half of my "friends" only really want to by my friend so they can sell me something, an ImAFish group would only be the same as a strong community already exists here.
4. I'm already a member of a couple of groups, one being for the buttermarket I think but i hardly venture that far into the complex myspace site to bother checking it out. And the actual content once there is fairly boring.
5. I dont really agree with how myspace sells all our personal details and makes a killing in ad revenue through the site. Mainly because I want to be making that ad revenue rather than Rupert Murdoch.
6. Integration - unlike other web communities such as flickr myspace has very poor integration with the rest of the web. (in terms of being able to share posts on discussion boards, member groups etc).
7. Finally time - until there is an easy way to mass add people I cant be bothered to go round adding people. Also adding content on there would be time consuming - i already spend ages updating stuff on here, my blog and the rest of the site so cant really be bothered with myspace.
When anyone adds me already they get a nice spam msg from me. There is a nice forum image available for anyone to put in their profile if they want to help advertise imafish.
<a href="http://imafish.co.uk/forum"><img src="http://imafish.co.uk/images/imafishbutton.jpg"></a>
As always the best way for imafish to advertise is word of mouth - drinks club is still available - i will buy a pint for anyone that gets a new poster to imafish.