This simple guide should give u an insight into making your PC case look more funky. I will go through the simple steps we used to spraying benjies case. We do not take any responsibility for any smeg ups you may have!!!
1. First you need to find an old case or a gullible person willing to let you "modify" there case. (i suggest finding an old case) Next you need to clean the case up then pull the front plastic bit off, this is the bit we are going to spray, if the case you are tryin to modify doesn't have a front which pulls off get a case which does!! Also take out any drive pannels on the front as you can paint these seperatly.
2. Once you have spent many minutes cleaning your case, you are allmost ready to spray your case. You need to find a well ventilated area most people use their garden as its outside. Once you are in your well ventilated area you will need to cover the area where you will be spraying in newspaper.
3. You can now attempt to spray your case. You can get spraypaint from most diy shops, if they dont sell it they clearly are NOT a good diy shop. Hold your can about 20-30cms away from the case and apply an even coating of paint. Do not keep the can over one area for too long otherwise the paint will be too thick and will probably drip.
Here you can see we have a lot of newspaper in our well ventilated area. We decided to spray our case silver to make it look more modern
4. Once you have finished spraying wait for your case to dry. You may have to apply a second coat. In some cases its best to apply the paint in coats rather then all at once.
Here is our case drying.(It gives a new meaning to watching paint dry :/)
5. Next your going to have to paint the drive pannels which you removed from your case earlier. We decided to do ours black as we happened to have black paint and it goes well with the silver.
We decided to paint the pannels but you could easily spray them the same color as the case.
Here is another picture of the finishes sprayed case. Note that the wall is not silver. If you have any sucessfull mods then please send your pictures in and we will stick them online. We also like to laugh over the disasters. Benjie contributed to this article.