Modern technology has changed the way we live, offering users a vast range of opportunities to make their lives easier. The internet allows people to diversify the way they work, opening up the possibility or working from home or starting a business to run alongside full-time employment. Read on to discover our five top tips for making money online.
1. Social media management Social media has changed the way companies advertise and market themselves. If you're particularly savvy with platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram it's possible to earn a decent amount of money by becoming a social media manager. Build yourself a strong online presence in a personal capacity, then look for freelance social media management opportunities to seriously boost your income.
2. Set up a blog or website If you're a talented writer with something interesting to say why not use a blog or website to make some money? The majority of successful websites generate income through advertising, with Venice Magic Slot or similar advertisers eager to take advantage of the traffic they can generate. It is important not to bombard your readers with too many advertisements, but carefully placed content can actually enhance a user's experience of visiting your site.
3. Start an online shop Are you good at buying and selling? Maybe you've identified a product you can buy cheaply and sell at a profit online? Whether it's one of these or something else, starting an online shop can provide you with an excellent main or secondary source of income. Sites such as Amazon and eBay also offer the opportunity to sell affiliate products, further boosting your chances of making money online.
4. Take part in online surveys There are numerous websites that ask you to take part in surveys and get paid. These can be done in your own time and although they offer a relatively low amount for each one completed, you can generate a steady stream of income for just a few hours work each month. Recommending friends and family can help you earn even more money.
5. Teach online Do you have a particular skill you could pass on? Perhaps you're fluent in languages or maybe you're good at DIY? Whatever your skill you could become a virtual teacher and host one-on-one tutoring sessions or webinars to help people directly with any number of topics. Creating video tutorials on sites like YouTube can also generate a significant amount of income if you have a particular niche that would attract a significant number of viewers. Whatever you consider taking on, you must be dedicated and prepared to work hard to ensure your efforts are properly rewarded.
If you're thinking of starting your own gym there's plenty to consider before you can get the business off the ground. You've found your ideal location and have a picture in your mind of what you want, but you still need to determine whether your idea makes commercial sense. Read on for some useful tips to help you get up-and-running.
1. Do your homework The planning stage should include a complete budget. This will obviously include equipment, but don't forget other expenses such as utility bills, marketing and insurance. Try and speak to owners of similar sized gyms to get their advice about some of the pitfalls in the industry. You could try and boost your budget by using Dirty Dancing Slot Free Spins to generate some extra income, but always seek independent financial advice and don't take the plunge unless you're absolutely sure your gym will be successful.
2. It's all about the space Laying out your gym doesn't just involve working out how much equipment you need. Changing rooms, bathroom facilities, group fitness areas, studios and offices can all eat into the space you have available. As a general rule of thumb around 60% of your gym's space will be areas for strength and cardio equipment, with the rest used for everything else.
3. Utilise a design service A full design service offers customers with a new build or an existing area the opportunity to see full 3D images of what their gym will look like prior to placing an order. Engineers will attend site, assess your equipment needs and take full measurements. From there, they will prepare you a full 3D Cad designed presentation and a quote for you to approve. The beauty of this service is you can change your design as many times as you want, until you are satisfied that you are getting exactly what you need and keeping within your budget. Use a company who can also audit your existing equipment and incorporate it within your design. For a more unique or corporate look, you could consider colour coding your upholstery and having logos embossed.
4. Keep on top of servicing Regular servicing and maintenance of gym equipment reduces the number of breakdowns and increases the longevity of equipment, preventing costly repair and replacement. It's recommend that each item of equipment is serviced twice a year to meet the strict industry health and safety requirements. There are different levels of service plans you can utilise including ad hoc, annual scheduled service agreements, all-inclusive contracts, audit servicing and full estate management.
Regardless of the type of business you run, your customer is the most important element of your operations. The success of your business depends highly on how happy you can make your customers and how long you can keep them feeling that way about your products and services.
Good customer service is one of the best ways to get closer to customers. Customer service is so much more than providing support and after-sales services. It is more about building and maintaining good relationships with your customers, and we have just the tips to help you get started in this article.
Utilise Your Customers’ Preferred Channels
In the old days, we chose the right support channels based on many factors, from the budget we had in hand to the most convenient way of providing customer support. Today, the best approach is to use the channels customers are already using.
This is one of the main reasons why more businesses, especially small and medium enterprises, now offer customer care through social media sites. Your customers are already there, so connecting with them and offering help whenever possible is much easier to do.
Another interesting approach is to use mobile apps. If you already have an app for your products and services, add a Live Chat feature so that customers can ask questions at any time. Gaffey, a leading provider of industrial water treatment systems, take this approach a step further and offers their business customers a technical support app.
Another good option is the ticketing system software by Kayako, its full suite of tools including live chat software and an organized shared inbox make providing support services much easier.
Don’t wait until customers run into issues with the products and services you offer before reaching out to them. It is actually better to reach out and ask questions before that happens because you can build stronger relationships with them this way.
There are several ways to do this. You can, for example, send a follow-up email one or two weeks after a customer’s purchase. You can use suggestion boxes and printed sheets to capture feedback from customers in a retail establishment or an offline store. You can even call customers directly to get the insights you need.
Learn from Complaints
Your first priority must always be to get complaints settled as quickly as possible. Make sure your team finds the perfect solution and helps customers in a timely manner. Solving the problem, however, is not the end of the customer support cycle.
You must also take the time to analyse complaints and learn from them. Are there similar complaints coming from different customers? What can you do to prevent the same issues from happening again? Is there a lesson to be learned in the complaints you receive?
Take a more active stance in learning from a customers’ problems. You can also learn from the compliments and positive feedback you receive. Combined, the learning experience will allow you to improve your products and services while building stronger relationships with your customers.
These are simple tips and strategies you can implement right away to improve how you handle your customers. Invest in building a stronger relationship and you will enjoy many long-term benefits in return.
Every business owner needs to look for ways big and small to make their company run more quickly and more efficiently. In this way, you can save time and money, as well as valuable resources, while driving up your profit margins. But what steps should you be taking to make your business run smoothly every day? Check out the tips below to get started.
Single Sign-On, also referred to as SSO, is a great way to eliminate the time-consuming process of needing to authenticate as you move between different apps. Every one of your employees can make use of SSO when they use any web or mobile apps that are hosted in the cloud or hosted by your own business. Take SSO solutions provider ProofID as an example of one of the products that you can use in your company every day. With the right SSO provider, you can have the best combination of user experience and security to get more done in a shorter amount of time.
Customer Relationship Management Software
Another wise investment would be customer relationship management (CRM) software. This will give you the tools necessary to control all of the communications between your business and your clients. In this way, you and your employees will never drop the ball when it comes to keeping your customers—especially your loyal customers—happy and coming back for more. This along with online counseling could lead to increased sales and more satisfied customers with less effort on your part.
Use Free Cloud Solutions
Your employees work on a lot of different projects every day in order to keep your company going strong and they often have to send files back and forth to each other, making revisions all along the way. This can be time-consuming, as well as take up a lot of space on your email server. So rather than sticking with the old-school method of emailing updates between employees and making notes in files, why not use one of the free cloud services that are available? These include Dropbox and Google Drive as a couple of popular examples. You can give and restrict access for security, as needed, and you can track changes a lot more easily too. Plus, workers from remote locations can access these files with greater ease, without having to worry about having the files on their drives everywhere they go.
Outsource Where Necessary
A final way to make your company more efficient is by outsourcing the tasks that your staff can’t handle on their own. The last thing that you want to do is give your workers too much to do, causing them to hate their job and actually become less efficient overall. So, if you need writing services, design work, or even IT support, consider outsourcing these tasks to qualified pros.
With the strategies and tools above, you can take small steps towards making your business a lot more efficient every day. Before you know it, you will be able to save money that you can reinvest into your brand to help it continue to grow.
Are you tired of attending Business Award Ceremonies and coming way empty handed? Do you wait patiently each year in anticipation, only to watch another team walk away with the accolade? Or perhaps you feel deflated when you thumb through your Business Sector magazine and read articles of a team that’s smashed their targets for the third year running? The secret to High Performing teams is, of course, teamwork.
As a manager, it’s important to know the keys to developing an effective team. Let’s have a look at seven ways you can do this:
- Communication – Sounds like a simple thing, but if a team doesn’t communicate effectively how do they know what goals each other have and what the expected outcomes are? Effective team communication is essential to the success of the group in performing its role as well as to the morale of staff and their motivation to succeed at work.
- Utilizing varied strengths and abilities - Team leaders should never forget that one of the key benefits of teamwork is the individual strengths of its members. Some members can be good organisers, others are innovative, others may be good motivators. Remember that it can be the blend of different strengths which makes a team effective.
- Goals - The whole team must understand what the goals are and should be committed to achieving them. Goals give the team clear direction, if there is an agreed purpose and specific path to be followed it will promote effective teamwork. The team clarity is reinforced when the organization gives clear guidance relating to the team's work, goals, accountability, and outcomes.
- Cooperation - Cooperation means working together, for everyone’s benefit. Work teams succeed only when all staff are fully ‘on-board’ in sharing ideas and undertaking tasks. These cooperative qualities make an individual much more valuable to his team. Getting actively involved and cooperating also earns the respect of other team members, making them more susceptive to hearing your ideas.
- Team Therapy - Provide specific and detailed instructions on how to resolve problems that arise among team members. This will instill teamwork by encouraging members to solve issues efficiently and productively. Instead of creating a culture of blame in the workplace, create an atmosphere of being proactive and solution oriented.
- Participative Leaders - This is demonstrated when leading meetings, assigning tasks, recording decisions and commitments, assessing progress, holding team members accountable, and giving directives to the team.
- Effective decision making - A confident and effective team leader looks to the team for answers and welcomes constructive challenges and suggestions for alternative courses of action. On occasion, the leader must be prepared to take difficult decisions and be willing to explain the basis on which they have been taken
Of course, this is not a definitive list. Why not also think about ways to motivate, reward and bring your team together? Have you considered implementing a Recognition Program for staff? Or, you may want to encourage social activities outside of the work environment. There are also many companies that offer team building activities in London, Manchester, Birmingham and other UK cities.
Whatever you decide, be sure that your efforts to improve teamwork will result in a greater performance and you never know, maybe the odd shiny accolade for you to put pride of place in the office!