I am writing to invite you to come along to enjoy the wonderful heritage of the Flaxmill Maltings during two open days. This will be the Friends first effort at an event of this sort and we can promise to make your visit worthwhile.
Saturday and Sunday, 7th & 8th May from 10 am – 5.00 pm.
The Friends are arranging the events over the two days to include:
• Tours of all areas by Friends stewards and guides from 11 am – 4.00 pm.
• Lights shows by Andy McKweown, at dusk on Friday 6th and Saturday 7th
• Arts exhibition by Flaxmill Arts; from 10 am to 4.00 pm
• Family entertainment with Jack the Jester.
• Demonstrations and displays
o Flax spinning with Maralyn Hepworth
o Iron working and brick making
• Displays and interpretation materials – 100 years as a Flaxmill, 100 years as a Maltings and what of the next 100 years?
• Refreshments and snacks will be available.
A very significant attraction will be the exhibition by Flaxmill Arts. Their efforts proved a major success at last year’s English Heritage weekend. They have particularly asked that you be invited
to their private view on Friday 6th from 6pm to 8.00pm.