CBD has been known to treat a number of anxiety disorders because of its relaxation effect. Many people suffering from anxiety have turned to CBD or, if it's legal where they are, a Delta-8 THC product from somewhere like Area 52, to help them stay relaxed. Research carried out recently has proven that CBD can be used to effectively treat most anxiety and other neurological disorders. It is advised to see a doctor before you start taking CBD products for your anxiety. This is because you might not necessarily have a disorder and the anxiety might be short-lived. It is therefore important to look at the symptoms and causes of anxiety before going into the usage of CBD for treatment and ultimately it depends on what you're trying to achieve. Symptoms of common anxiety disorders.
- Feeling nervous and restless.
- Increased heart rate and hyperventilation.
- Sweating and trembling.
- Gastrointestinal problems.
- Trouble concentrating.
- Having a sense of impending danger or panic.
- Causes of anxiety
- Genetic factors - Anxiety disorders can run in the family.
- Medical conditions - There are several medical problems that may be linked to anxiety such as diabetes, heart disease, respiratory disorders, and misuse of medication. Anxiety can also be a side-effect of using medication.
- Stress - Build-up of stress from work, school, financial crisis, broken relationships, or the death of loved ones can cause anxiety disorders.
- Drug and substance abuse - Abuse of drugs and alcohol can result in anxiety issues. Withdrawal from the same drugs can also cause anxiety.
- Trauma - Our past experiences can contribute to many medical problems, anxiety included.
Using CBD for treatment of various anxiety disorders:
1. General Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
People with this disorder tend to worry, exaggerate, and have excessive anxiety over situations that are not necessarily stressful or worth being anxious about. It is difficult to control and affects how you feel in almost all situations. Vaping small doses of CBD-infused products can help you to stay calm in both extreme and normal situations.
This disorder is characterized by fear of places or situations that might cause fear and anxiety. This behaviour can lead to other anxiety disorders. People with this disorder are encouraged to purchase CBD products from reliable suppliers such as Cannaflower after receiving advice and prescription by specialists.
3. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
This disorder is a result of having encountered terrible events or misfortunes such as assault, death of a loved one, or an accident at one point in your life. The memories of these encounters cause victims to suffer from anxiety whenever they re-live it or are faced with a similar situation. Research carried out in 2017 showed that CBD worked well for people with PTSD because it reduced their anxiety.
4. Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
This is also known as social phobia. It is a common disorder where people avoid social places and situations due to feelings of fear, embarrassment, and overwhelming anxiety. This can lead to another disorder called selective mutism. A combination of therapy and using CBD in small doses helps people suffering from this disorder to face social situations without the feelings of anxiety.
5. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
People suffering from OCD feel the need to do things obsessively and repetitively. Therapy is the most effective treatment for this case, but using CBD can help with relaxation.
As more research is done to assess the health benefits of CBD, it should be noted that just like regular medication, there are side-effects when using these products and therefore users should be cautious.