Portable classrooms are also called demountable or prefabricated classrooms because they can be erected and collapsed with ease. These temporary structures are becoming more popular by the day in modern schools since they have numerous benefits. Even schools that have been established for many years prefer to use this option when expanding their structures. The popularity started in the UK and then spread to other parts of the continent and the globe at large.
If you are planning to start a school today, consider using portable classrooms especially if there is a probability of expanding or relocating the school. To understand this option better, let us explore the main pros and cons of portable classrooms in schools.
Pros of Portable Classrooms
Portable classrooms have more pros than cons. Generally, this is an option that will not only reduce costs for the school but also give it a high degree of flexibility.
- Save time – prefabricated panels and frames are quick to assemble, making them useful in times of urgent school expansion. These classrooms can be constructed within a few days after making an order.
- Affordable – compared to permanent structures, temporary structures are affordable. According to experts who construct prefabricated structures for schools, there is a possibility of saving up to 30% off the total costs. If you are interested, you can check temporary school halls here if you want to compare the cost of these temporary structures.
- Flexible – temporary structures that are demountable are very flexible. If a classroom or a sports hall is not in use, it can be used somewhere else or collapsed and stored for future use. Schools can use them for other purposes such as admission halls, research centers and examination rooms to mention a few examples.
Cons of Portable School Structures
Whether they are classrooms, offices or sports halls, these temporary structures have a few drawbacks. However, this can be reduced if you have the right information. Anyway, here are the major cons that you should know.
- Affected by the weather – if low-quality materials are used or the buildings are not erected properly, they can be affected by harsh weather conditions. Wind and rain are the major challenges. Intense sunlight might have an adverse impact with exposure over time. The best way to tackle this challenge is by using high-quality materials and erecting them professionally.
- The need for frequent repairs – as temporary classrooms and other portable structures for schools become older, they require regular repairs. This can be costly in the long run especially if low-quality materials are used. But if you focus on the best materials, it will take a longer time before any repair is necessary.
- Lack of proper government regulations – although these structures only have small negative effects on the environment, there are no proper regulations by the government in some countries. This leaves customers exposed to various hazards unless they use reputable construction experts.
As you can see, temporary structures for schools have many pros that warrant their use over other structures. The main cons can be avoided when there is a good plan and careful approach to such a project.
Food is one of the biggest expenses for any household, and one of our basic needs, but it’s also where many of us end up overspending by making basic mistakes. A lot of it has to do with our lack of understanding of the food business, and business in general. We often make errors and seek convenience, and don’t understand how the food business makes money by selling us things we could easily do ourselves. Here are some easy and simple ways that you could save on everyday food purchases.
One of the greatest tricks of the agro business is selling everyday products at a way higher price simply because they’re in a different form. Frozen chips should not exist, no matter what anyone says; you could easily enjoy a much better meal at home by chopping your potatoes yourself, or getting a chip cutter. So, before putting a bag of frozen vegetables into your cart, try and think whether you could get the same product for less.
Most nutritionists would tell you to get off take out altogether, but there are some times when only a slice of Domino's pizza or a curry from the corner shop will do. In these cases, take advantage of coupons and specials whenever you can.
You can easily find Domino's vouchers online through coupon sites. We also suggest you sign up to their newsletter. They will send Domino's vouchers straight to your mailbox. There is no reason to pay full price when there’s always some deal somewhere, so spend your money wisely and make sure you can get a deal whenever you can.
Getting a chest freezer could be the number one best purchase you’ve ever made if you’re trying to save on groceries. You could take advantage of meat sales, or even buy primal cuts and save even more. You can even bulk cook your meals and freeze them for use at a later date.
One more thing: don’t use minced meat unless you mince it yourself. Depending on the brand, you might find all sorts thrown in there. Get yourself a meat grinder, and get your cuts from a reputable butcher in your neighbourhood. This way, you’ll actually know what’s in it, and will get much more value for your money.
Another thing you have to learn is how to buy in season and preserve. You can extend the shelf life of many products by transforming or pickling them. Roma tomatoes can be turned into sauce. Turnips and cucumbers can be turned into pickles. Be creative, and you’ll find ways to stock up and reduce your costs as a result.
These are just some of the ways that you can save money on food purchases. Just learn how to think outside the box, and don’t overspend by falling for some of the agro business’s oldest tricks. What changes will you make?
The dining table is the heart of a home. And, if you’re looking to create a unique space where the people you care about will love to gather and connect, then you need Adventures in Furniture.
Designed with flexible living in mind, our extending dining tables can be expanded for family gatherings and dinner parties, or folded away for a more intimate dining experience. What’s more, with a wealth of styles, sizes, materials and colour options, all our extendable dining tables can be tailored to your tastes, lifestyle and space.
Built with the highest-quality craftsmanship and passionate about long-term furniture rather than cheap disposable pieces, your extendable dining table will be made to last generations. And, with ethically sourced materials and considered, sustainable design at the heart of everything we do, your furniture is better for the environment too.
Ready to be inspired?
The Bianco table is a gorgeous design, suitable for any contemporary interior. With clean lines and a minimalist vibe, the table features splayed, tapered legs and comes in a variety of sizes. The solid wood range also has a selection of finishes, from a very pale white-washed oak to an exquisite oiled black walnut. Beautiful Fenix tabletop options are also available.
The extending Bianco dining table folds out easily and requires no extra storage. Ideal for both everyday use and special occasions, the table is perfect for trend-setters seeking that sought-after Scandi style.
The Zurich table design boasts slender, rounded and tapered legs that fit flush to the corners. Adding extra seats to this extending table is simple. The leg sections simply roll out to reveal internally stored extension leaves which can be opened as needed. So, the Zurich is as functional as it is stunning.
Available in lavish walnut and rich oak, the Zurich can also be made with a Fenix top for a real statement piece that is perfect for the rough and tumble of energetic dinner parties and everyday life.
Our Mason extendable tables are strong, hard and durable. With chunky round and straight leg options, the Mason looks robust and is perfect for people who value timeless, classic design. With a hidden butterfly mechanism, simply pull the legs towards you and effortlessly extend to seat more people.
Available in a range of sizes, finishes, materials and colour options – including natural timber, ingenious Fenix, and super-stylish ceramic - our sophisticated Mason table can be tailored to your exact requirements. And it’s built to stand up to the reality of daily life, with completely scratch-proof and easy to clean options available.
The extendable Tate table takes modern simplicity to the next level. With clean lines and no unnecessary fuss, the Tate is both authentic and super-stylish.
Tate tabletops are available in warm woods and Fenix (the very latest nanotech matt material for easy cleaning). And the legs come in a stunning selection of metals, including rusted steel and graphite for a striking stripped-back industrial look.
Made from 100% solid wood with filled knots, the Flow extending table has a 24mm oak top. Available in natural ‘live’ or straight edge options, the Flow is super-contemporary and super-stylish.
The striking extendable Flow table showcases legs that combine oak and black powder coated metal, with straight and U-shape options available. So, for a unique design feature that is sure to wow, the Flow has what it takes.
The very best extending dining tables. Only from Adventures in Furniture
Why buy pre-designed when you can create a bespoke dining table that will stand out and perfectly fit into your home?
At Adventures in Furniture, our beautiful, extendable dining tables are as distinct as you are. And. once we have helped you to create the perfect piece for you, we’ll get it delivered and installed in your home in a matter of weeks.
It really is that easy.
There are numerous facts that you need to know about vaping. You probably know some and others have never crossed your mind. But you are in the right place as this article will highlight some of the insights according to experts. Those who have been contemplating ditching smoking for vaping need this information even more.
Vaping is the habit of using an electronic cigarette to inhale vapor, which contains nicotine, flavors, and other ingredients. Vaping is arguably better than smoking, but science is not yet clear on this. The information is still sketchy and beginners should dig very deep to get as much information as possible. For now, let us dive into what science says about vaping.
Vaping is Still Not Safe
Science has claimed that there are fewer toxins in the vapor than in cigarette smoke. But all research agrees that users are exposed to dangers. Nicotine-based e-juices contain almost the same amount of health risks that affect the heart and breathing system.
By early 2020, the CDC had already reported over 60 deaths in the world that were directly linked to vaping. All were related to problems with the lungs, just like in the cases of lung cancer caused by tobacco cigarettes.
There is a Danger of Addiction
If you are moving from cigarette smoking to vaping to avoid addiction, it is time to rethink the whole plan. Vaping can be as addictive as tobacco since both contain nicotine. Nicotine is the chemical that is responsible for other health issues.
However, users can avoid addiction to e-shisha or e-cigs if they use e-liquids with the lowest amount of nicotine or try the nicotine-free range. Unfortunately, many people claim that nicotine-based e-juices are more satisfying.
E-Cigarettes Are Not the Best to Quit Smoking
There are numerous methods that can be used to quit smoking, but many people prefer to use vaping. Well, it has helped many and it might help you, but scientists claim that it is not the ultimate solution. The danger comes in when people switch from tobacco to nicotine e-cigarettes. As mentioned earlier, these will cause an equal addiction. If you want to quit smoking, kicking nicotine is the first thing that you should do.
Other Dangers of Vaping
According to science, there are many uncertainties when it comes to vaping and many are related to health. Apart from the risk of cancer, breathing problems, and heart illnesses, vaping devices may explode and hurt the user if they are mishandled, not to mention leakages.
But this is not to discourage people from using them as they have many pros. Celebrities have been moving from smoking to vaping, which has promoted the habit as very cool. You will probably notice that most youths prefer vaping to smoking, a trend which has made scientists more proactive to understand more health concerns that will save the future generation.
Scientists are working day and night to come up with better answers concerning this habit. Everything is looking forward to discovering more and getting enlightened, especially those who are planning to start the habit.
There is no doubt that the DBA has numerous benefits to professionals in the business world. However, you have to get to the end of your course and do so effectively for you to enjoy the benefits. The coursework, research, and assignment can be tough and overwhelming, and thus if you don’t plan well you could miss out on the big benefits. Since it’s an advanced degree, the demands will be more, and you will be expected to work harder and smarter. Not to scare you though; if you play your cards right, you will learn a lot and graduate on time. Consider the following tips for DBA success:
Find the Right Business School
If you are not already enrolled in a college, the first step is to find a good one. You can look online or ask for recommendations from DBA graduates you know. For business schools you locate online, ensure you do extensive research to confirm they are legit. Never give out your details or pay money before you check the legitimacy. Ensure you check these three key details:
- The school background and faculty member profiles
- Accreditation and rankings
- Online reviews
In addition to the profile information listed on the website, you can go ahead and search the faculty members on sites such as LinkedIn. When searching for online reviews, use the name of the business school accompanied by terms such as DBA reviews or student testimonials.
Choose Your Path Wisely
One of the key decisions you will make as a DBA student is choosing a topic for your research project. You have to choose a topic that falls within the subject areas covered by the business school and submit a proposal. If you don’t choose your topic wisely, you may end up giving up along the way or gaining information and skills that won’t be of much help to your future goals. Thus, when choosing your path, consider the following two factors:
- One, your career goals, both short and long term. If you don’t have goals yet, set them before joining business school.
- Two, how working on the selected topic can benefit your career now and in the future.
Some business areas have serious skills gaps, which can be filled with specific qualifications. For more information on this topic, visit Aston University Online and read their article on how DBAs can fill global skills gaps, and how this will benefit businesses.
Work, Study, Life Balance
Going back to school adds more responsibilities to your already busy schedule. Therefore, before you sign up for a course, think about how you will balance the three so that you don’t end up ruining relationships in your life, getting sick or stressed out and failing in school. Consider the following tips:
- Be realistic when signing up. Don’t commit yourself yet until you are sure you will have enough time to dedicate to your studies and the other important things in your life.
- Identify things you can cut off to create more time for your studies. You may have to give up some leisure activities and maintain just one or two hobbies until you complete your studies. Cutting off or reducing screen time can also help. This will give you time to study without affecting the time dedicated to other priorities. For instance, if you are a parent with two free hours after work, instead of watching TV for one hour and studying for one hour, you could use the time spent watching TV to study and leave the other hour for your family.
- Have a schedule and stick to it. You have to go to work, assignments need to be done on time, your child expects you to show up for their football matches on the weekend, how do you balance all this? Have a schedule and stick to it. Avoid saying you will do something when you have the time. You already have the time; your job is to plan how you will spend each minute of it. And having that plan will allow you to balance the three aspects of your life without giving too much time to one and neglecting another.
- Eat right and stay healthy: What happens when you don’t feed your body well? You can increase your risk of contracting diseases, not have the energy you need to work, and you may affect your vital organs such as the brain negatively. And the long term effect is ruined productivity and efficiency, poor health and a less zealous life. Therefore, eat healthy balanced meals, drink lots of water and stay active.
- Sleep for 7 to 8 hours each day. These are the recommended hours by sleep experts for optimal health and well-being.
Have a Designated Study Area
You can do some flashcards during lunch breaks or while making dinner and this is super helpful. However, you need some time, when you will sit down and get serious for 30 minutes to two hours depending on how much time you have to study each day. After making a schedule, the next step is to find that space where you will retreat to when your schedule states you should be studying. It could be your bedroom, the garage, a space in the office, the coffee shop or the library. Ensure that your study space is free from distractions.
Being organised in your work and study life has three key benefits. One, you will be more productive when you are an organised person. Two, you will avoid wasting time. And three, you will avoid stress and confusion. For your study life, consider these three things:
- One, gather your study materials in advance and ensure they are well arranged. For books and other stationery, you could get a desk with drawers for storage, some shelves, and folders.
- Have a plan on how and when you will handle each task. Prioritise based on complexity and urgency.
- Keep your study environment tidy. When the environment is clean and tidy, your concentration will be much better. In addition to being a distraction, clutter and dirt can also cause you to feel stressed.
Think about Your Writing
Poor referencing, grammatical errors and poor flow are some of the mistakes that should be avoided when submitting your proposal and other assignments. To avoid these:
- Take time to familiarise yourself with the writing styles you are expected to adhere to when submitting your work.
- Work with a writer or editor when writing your final documents. However, note that you should do your work; others should only help with the fine-tuning and checking for errors.
- Read papers done by others. This will help in sharpening your writing skills.
Have a Financial Plan
A DBA is an advanced degree and thus it costs money. And, considering you will be in school for three to six years, it’s wise to plan financially in advance. When making a financial plan:
- Check how much business school will cost for all the years
- Make an estimate for all your expenses
- Identify your key sources of income.
- Check whether your sources of income will be able to cover your expenses and business school tuition.
- Find other ways to pay for business school. Some key ones include applying for student loans, getting a scholarship, and checking if your employer offers any support to further your education. If you choose a student loan, ensure you have a viable payment plan.
- Set up an emergency fund.
Network and Learn from Others
Your own research is good and it can teach you a lot. However, it’s super important to connect with others and see life from their perspective. Below are some of the people you can network with as a DBA student:
- Your course instructors: Learn from their experiences, ask them questions and maybe you could ask one to be your mentor
- Other DBA students: Share your experiences, discuss issues, ask for their help and help them when they need you.
- DBA graduates: Learn from them and maybe seek a mentor
- Professionals who are in the same field as you: Consult with them when making key decisions
Be a Smart Student
Since the degree directly affects your career success, ensure that you get as much from it as possible. Don’t just aim to graduate and get a title, but focus on learning things that will grow you as a professional. Some of the key things that smart students do include:
- Studying throughout the semester and taking time to digest the concepts. Studying every day, or a few days per week, is better than accumulating all the work and doing it in a hurry when deadlines are approaching. Cover your coursework earlier.
- Don’t have a negative attitude when you get feedback from the instructors and advisors. A smart student will take criticism as an opportunity to learn and be better.
- Ask a lot of questions where you don’t understand.
- Don’t miss lectures, workshops, or any other event. If you miss an appointment with your teacher due to something unavoidable, let them know and get them to reschedule.
Above are some of the key tips that can be helpful for DBA success. Know that much is expected from you, plan wisely and after you make plans ensure you follow through.